Drought Preparedness and Response Workshop (Palmdale)
California Rural Water Association (CRWA), in partnership with the Department of Water Resources, is offering no-cost workshops for Water Operators and System Managers of Private, Public and Tribal Systems.
These free classes are being offered in person. Please abide by the county and/or venue COVID protocols. Please register in advance – class sizes are limited, and we expect these sessions to fill up fast!
If you are interested in registering for a workshop, please email the California Rural Water Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Workshop Dates Include:
Each workshop will cover the following topics:
- Drought Background, Preparedness, and Response
- Overview of California hydro-climatology, including the hydrology of the state’s most significant historical droughts
- Understanding drought risk and climate change
- Review of lessons learned in past droughts, as well as expected drought impacts & basic concepts of drought vulnerability & drought resilience
- Techniques for reducing drought vulnerability
- DWR financial assistance programs for drought
- Overview of the basic concepts of groundwater hydrology, including factors controlling groundwater flow & fractured bedrock settings
- Overview on water wells, including typical well yields, requirements for well completion report and water level monitoring
- Summary of state legislative requirements for groundwater level monitoring and sustainable groundwater management
- DWR financial assistance programs for sustainable groundwater management
- Water Conservation and Shortage Contingency Planning
- New requirements in SB 552 for small water systems and counties for water shortage contingency planning
- Financial and technical assistance programs
Please let us know if any registrant requires a disability accommodation. For more information on CRWA classes, please visit our website: www.calruralwater.org. Questions? (800) 833-0322
2029 East Avenue Q , Palmdale, CA, 93550