We welcome your comments and questions.  Please do not submit comments of an emergency nature.  In case of emergency please see the contacts listed below.

* This information is required so we may respond to your request/comment.

DWR Directory



The Comment Form is posted in accordance with the Citizen Complaint Act of 1997 so that individuals can register complaints or comments related to the performance of this agency.

* Required Fields

Contact Headquarters

Street Address
California Department of Water Resources
715 P Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Mailing Address

California Department of Water Resources
P.O. Box 942836
Sacramento, CA 94236-0001

Phone Number

DWR Headquarters: 916-653-5791

Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We're closed on state holidays

News Inquiries

The Public Affairs Office is the primary point of contact for news media, organizations, and the general public seeking information about our programs.

You can contact the Department of Water Resources Public Affairs Office at (916) 653-1074 or email

Public Records Act Requests

To obtain records, submit your request to DWR’s Public Records Request Portal. If you have any questions, you may contact the Public Records Request Coordinator at (916) 653-7755.
For other record questions or concerns, contact the Chief, Records and Content Management, at (916) 653-9313.

Emergency Contacts

Drought Assistance – Please visit the drought assistance page on California’s website to report incidents, find information about assistance, and learn about available grant funding for drought-resilient projects.

State Water Project – Report incidents and emergencies related to SWP facilities to (916) 574-2714.

Flood Operations Center – Report flood incidents or obtain river forecasts, general water conditions, and flood information to (800) 952-5530.

Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (State Warning Center) Report incidents and emergencies related to hazardous materials or spills to (916) 845-8911.


If you have difficulty accessing any material on our website, please contact us and we will correct the problem or work to provide the information in an alternative format. 

Direct your request to:

For TTY users, use the California Relay Service by dialing 711 or:

  • English: TTY (800) 735-2929
  • Spanish: TTY (800) 855-3000
  • Voice: (800) 735-2922

Are you outside of California? Please contact your state's relay service number, available from the Federal Communications Commission at Telecommunications Relay Services Directory.


California Environmental Quality Acts Notices and Documents

CEQA lead agencies may send their CEQA notices and documents to