County Drought Advisory Group Meeting – October 1, 2019
The fifth County Drought Advisory Group (CDAG) meeting will take place on October 1, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Bonderson Hearing Room located at 901 P Street in Sacramento. The purpose of the fifth CDAG meeting is to:
- Present the final methodology for assessing drought vulnerability and identifying communities at risk of drought and water shortage and results.
- Present the draft recommendations (from the Water Shortage Contingency Plan Workgroup) for components to be included in an umbrella drought and water shortage contingency plan to cover rural communities (less than 15 service connections and self-supplied households).
- Present and discuss draft recommendations for components to be included in a drought and water shortage contingency plan for small water suppliers (3,000 down to 15 service connections).
- Present a summary of overarching recommendations proposed by stakeholders during the CDAG process related to implementing and improving drought and water shortage contingency planning for small water systems and rural communities.
To improve water conservation and water shortage planning, the California Legislature passed Senate Bill 606 (Hertzberg) and Assembly Bill 1668 (Friedman) which then-Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. signed into law in May of 2018. Changes to existing law related to small water suppliers and rural community drought planning resulting from this legislation are in Section 8, Chapter 10 (commencing with Section 10609.40) and added to Part 2.55 of Division 6 of the California Water Code).
These changes include directing DWR to:
- Identify small suppliers and rural communities at risk of drought and water shortage vulnerability
- Develop recommendations to the Governor and Legislature for improving drought contingency planning for those areas
Webinar Registration/Access Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6912360624988630285
View Parking Information for this meeting.