Meeting of the California Water Commission - April 17, 2019
Commission member Joseph Byrne will participate in this meeting from the following location. Teleconference location will be open to the public.
Municipal Water District of Orange County
18700 Ward Street, Conference Room 102
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Closed Session
The Commission may hold a closed session, as authorized by Government Code §11126(e), to confer with and receive advice from its legal counsel regarding potential litigation, and as authorized by Government Code §11126(a).
5. Executive Officer’s Report
The Executive Officer will report on various matters addressed since the previous Commission meeting.
6. Commission Member Reports
This is an opportunity for members to disclose any meetings or conversations related to Commission business since the previous Commission meeting.
7. Public Testimony
Although no formal Commission action will be taken, the Commission offers an opportunity to the public to address the Commission on items of interest that are within the Commission’s jurisdiction, but that do not specifically appear on the agenda.
Commission staff will present the final draft of the 2018 Annual Review of the State Water Project.
A panel of experts will brief the Commission on statewide policy issues in stormwater capture and local agencies’ efforts to recharge aquifers in urban areas.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Strategy to Optimize Resource Management of Stormwater (Jeffrey Albrecht, State Water Resources Control Board)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Urban Runoff Opportunities (Heather Cooley, Pacific Institute)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Stormwater Capture (Keith Lilley, LA County Department of Public Works)
- PowerPoint Presentation: San Juan Watershed Project (Don Bunts, Santa Margarita Water District)
Department of Water Resources (DWR) staff will brief the Commission on the operations of the Feather River Fish Hatchery.
11. Consideration of Items for Next California Water Commission Meeting
*The Commission may break for lunch as needed.*
Written comments regarding specific items on this agenda will be provided to the Commissioners as part of their meeting packets if they are received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 15. Staff will make every effort to provide comments received after this deadline electronically, but we cannot make any guarantees.