Water Storage Investment Program Concept Papers
In November 2015, California voters passed Proposition 1, which dedicated $2.7 billion for investment in the public benefits of water storage projects and designated the California Water Commission (Commission) as the agency responsible for allocating these funds.
The Commission called upon potential project proponents to submit Concept Papers that summarize potential water storage projects and their benefits. This was an effort by the Commission to gather information from potential project proponents regarding projects that may qualify and apply for Water Storage Investment Program (WSIP) public benefit funding.
Submission of a Concept Paper was not mandatory to be eligible for WSIP funding, but the information collected through these Concept Papers helped the Commission and staff refine the WSIP application process and application review.
As the WSIP application period is open, prospective applicants are encouraged to spend efforts on applications instead of Concept Papers. Information about the WSIP application process can be found on the Application Resources page.
Concept Paper Form (Microsoft Word)
Summary of Concept Papers Received
Concept Paper Response Template
Concept Papers Received:
- Alameda County Water District and Zone 7 Water Agency - Lake Del Valle Reservoir Water Supply Storage Expansion - Received March 31, 2016
- Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency - Westside Enterprise Water Bank Project - Received March 30, 2016
- Calaveras County Water District - Historic Blagen Mill Pond Restoration Project - Received March 31, 2016
- Calaveras County Water District - Wilson Lake Rehabilitation and Meadow Restoration Plan - Received March 31, 2016
- California Land Stewardship Institute - Reoperation of Lake Curry to Benefit Steelhead Trout in Suisun Creek - Received March 31, 2016
- Citizens Water Plan - Delta Tulare Plan - Received March 28, 2016
- City of San Diego - Pure Water San Diego - Received March 31, 2016
- Contra Costa Water District - Los Vaqueros Reservoir Expansion Project - Received March 31, 2016
- Deckhands Marine Supplies - Delta Legacy Project - Received March 31, 2016
- El Dorado Irrigation District and El Dorado County Water Agency - Alder Reservoir - Received March 22, 2016
- Palmdale Water District - Littlerock Sediment Removal Project - Received March 24, 2016
- Regional Water Authority - American River Basin Regional Conjunctive Use Project - Received March 31, 2016
- River Recycler Systems, LLC - Coastal Aquifer Recharge - Received March 31, 2016
- River Recycler Systems, LLC - Klamath Forest Protection with Irrigation and Recharge - Received March 31, 2016
- River Recycler Systems, LLC - New Freshwater for San Luis Reservoir - Received March 31, 2016
- River Recycler Systems, LLC - Ocean Chilled Freshwater to Shasta - Received March 31, 2016
- River Recycler Systems, LLC - Thomas Didymus Waterline - Received March 31, 2016
Regional County Sanitation District and The Nature Conservancy - South
Sacramento County Agriculture and Habitat Lands Recycled Water Program - Received March 31, 2016