Meeting of the California Water Commission - April 20, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Executive Officer's Report
The Executive Officer will report on various matters addressed since the previous Commission meeting, including activities related to the Water Storage Investment Program.
5. Commission Member Reports
An opportunity for members to disclose any meetings or conversations related to Commission business since the previous Commission meeting.
6. Public Testimony
Although no formal Commission action will be taken, the Commission offers an opportunity to the public to address the Commission on items of interest that are within the Commission's jurisdiction, but that do not specifically appear on the agenda.
Correspondence Received by the Commission Regarding This Item:
- San Joaquin Valley Water Infrastructure Authority, Friant Water Authority, San Joaquin River Exchange Contractors Water Authority, and San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority
- Leland Frayseth
Department of Water Resources (DWR) staff will brief the Commission on activities related to the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), including Groundwater Sustainability Agency formation, reviews of Alternatives to Groundwater Sustainability Plans, and technical assistance.
Representatives of the Regional Water Authority, Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, and Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency will describe groundwater management activities and local perspectives on meeting SGMA requirements.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency
- PowerPoint Presentation: Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- PowerPoint Presentation: Regional Water Authority
DWR and State Water Resources Control Board staff will brief the Commission on the status of local assistance programs related to SGMA and drought, including technical assistance and support for Disadvantaged Communities.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Department of Water Resources
- PowerPoint Presentation: State Water Resources Control Board
10. Consideration of Items for Next California Water Commission Meeting
*The Commission may break for lunch as needed.*
Written comments regarding specific items on this agenda will be provided to the Commissioners in hard copy as part of their meeting packets if they are received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday prior to the Commission meeting. Staff will make every effort to provide comments received after this deadline electronically, but we cannot make any guarantees.